Learning the keyboard is not something which can be done in just a few days. Just memorizing where each key is located is not sufficient. Playing the keyboard fluently comprises having a good understanding all throughout your learning process and even extends it further. It is important that you take keyboard music classes from a reputed institute so that your entire learning process is smooth. Mentioned below are a few tips that will help you through the process.
1. Make use of the Internet- There are many only websites which offer keyboard lessons. The letters are mentioned there which indicate the keys just like those on a keyboard. You can go through the illustrations to determine the rest of the notes.
2. Buy a Book that can help with the Learning – There are endless books out there that can help you in this regard. You can purchase one of the method books that appeals the most to you.
3. Take a Print of the Piano Keyboard – Mention the names of the notes over the black and white keys. You can consult your method book to check whether a keyboard is printed in it. You can go on to mention the notes on the keyboard page.
4. Begin by Playing Scales – Because this gives you a better understanding of the keyboard. You can initiate the process by beginning with a simple scale such as C major. Beginning from the middle C, use your right hand to play two octaves. As you move on further in this process, you can start playing more complex scales such as G minor or A major which are good for enhancing your knowledge.
5. Take Keyboard Music Classes – To gain flawless knowledge about playing the keyboard, you must surely consider taking keyboard music classes. Make sure that the instructor can match your learning style and makes use of unique techniques to make the entire learning process easy and enjoyable.
6. Make use of Both Hand While Practicing Playing Scales – Initially, begin with just one or two octaves, and then you can slowly move on to three or even more. As you start improving, switch to a higher level of method books which will help you to learn better techniques.
7. For a Deeper Understanding – Start playing musical pieces. In the beginning, you can just play a few simple ones. Once you start improving, you can go beyond your method books and try the ones outside of them. These may be your favorite songs or some music piece you hear at the concert.
8. Stick to a Practice Schedule – Whenever you begin to learn any form of music, you should start by using a metronome for playing it. For the first few days, you should practice slowly and after that, you can increase the speed of your metronome so that you can learn how to play the music at tempo when it’s time for your next keyboard music class.
We hope that the aforementioned tips will make your keyboard learning process simple and smooth. In this regard, when searching for keyboard music classes, do the necessary evaluation to find the best for yourself. Ask your family members and friends for their recommendation or you can search online and see the reviews to find what suits you.